Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Birthday Banner

A long, long time ago, I said I was going to try to be crafty. I really haven't tried very hard. I painted some picture frames and left it at that. My son's fourth birthday party is set for Saturday and I had to do things on a budget. Partying on a budget means you have to do things yourself.

Last year I purchased a party banner from Etsy. It was pretty cute, but I quickly realized it was printed on card stock. It really didn't seem all that difficult to replicate. I decided to try my hand at it!

I chose a pennant type banner for his party. I didn't purchase fabric because that gets  expensive. You all know I ain't crafting so there is so fabric scraps around these parts! I simply purchased scrapbook paper and conducted a search for pennant template. Pretty simple stuff! I purchased some sticky letters from Hobby Lobby. This was great because they were already precut and all I had to do was just stick them on. I used a single hole punch that was on sale for a dollar.

Here are my results.


Not bad, huh?!

I am linking up to some parties because I may never do anything crafty again. I want to show off my one time effort!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a piece of your mind. Maybe I will get smarter!